- Since our inception in 2009, we have reached out to 1,25,000+ students from regional language rural schools through 40,000+ teachers.
- Average score in Reading amongst grade 4 LeapForWord students when tested on a standardized English test (ASER) was 2 times the national average (86% v/s 42%)
- Average score amongst grade 5 students on Vocabulary was 100% compared to the national average of 60%.
- The English Literacy Program is a Voluntary Adoption program. We see 50% of teachers voluntarily adopt this program in their school after the training.
- Other than these tangible results, when kids at an age of 9-10 are able to read & understand English, their confidence soars sky high, They start believing that they can do anything they wish for and this we believe is LeapForWord’s greatest contribution.
What puts smiles on our face is the positive impact on the lives of the teachers and students.
Check out some of the impact stories
Download some impact reports
Nashik Ashram School
13 Ashram schools in the Nashik PO, were identified for deployment of the English Literacy Program. This was a “Train the Teacher” program. 25 teachers across the 13 Ashram schools were trained to deliver the first 2 learning levels to their respective students.
Joyda a Village in Shirpur to become the first English Literate village of India. The project ensures that every child in Joyada is able to Read, Write, Comprehend & Structure Grammatically Correct Sentences (Elementary Complexity) in a 3 year period (2016 – 2019)
A 3-year funded project to demonstrate how an innovation (English Literacy Program) can be diffused in a large geography amongst govt. school teachers in a voluntary fashion. The objective is to make 50% of all govt. school teachers (~400) in Maval Taluka to start teaching English using our techniques.
Recommendation from Different Geographies
Authority of every geography we worked in this year has invited us to continue The English Literacy Program in the next academic year too!!